Our volunteers provide expertise, leadership, labor, and support at our construction sites, office, and events. When you volunteer with Greater Springfield Habitat for Humanity (GSHFH), you support a critical mission while building skills, relationships, and communities. GSHFH can't do it without YOU!
What you need to know
Join us for a build day on a construction site. Work alongside our construction team, fantastic volunteers, and partner families. Work on everything from the foundation to the finishing touches. No experience required.
Our skilled staff will train and supervise the activities for the day.
• We are currently able to have a maximum of 12 volunteers on our sites at any one time.
Spaces fill up on a first-come, first-served basis. Be sure to sign up early.
• Build days run from 8:30am to 3:30pm.
• Volunteers must be 16 and older. Volunteers who are 16 and 17 years old, must be accompanied by an adult who is at least 25.
• Habitat provides all necessary tools and training
• Wear closed-toed shoes and weather-appropriate clothing that can get dirty.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
"Volunteering makes for better communities. If you work together, you make life better. If you give, you’ll receive in return."
- Greg Garfield
Community Works lead instructor