Circles of Faith- House Sponsorship
Circles of Faith are collectives of congregations and other faith-based groups who come together and champion a house. From the pledging to the planning to the building to the landscaping to the dedication to a new family/homeowner, the entire process from start to finish is completed by these volunteers with the support of GSHFH.
GSHFH is currently looking to form two new Circles of Faith for our next building projects. The volunteer opportunities through Circles of Faith are endless. You can swing a hammer, handle bookkeeping, make lunch for the build site, plan fundraising events, and more!
Benefits to the Church
Creating a partnership between your church and Habitat forms a relationship of bountiful benefits! Putting your faith into action…
- Provides churches with an easy way to engage in a ministry with an established Christian housing organization that has an excellent reputation
- Allows a church to participate in a ministry of service that has a beginning and an end (building a home)
- Provides church members with a tangible opportunity to put faith into action locally
- Builds community within the congregation and among all who work on a Habitat project Provides for important and meaningful connections among Christians
- Gives individuals with a variety of skills the chance to respond to the needs of others
- Attracts new members and involves inactive members by seeing tangible results of their faith-inspired efforts as they work side by side with others
- Communicates the message of being a caring and compassionate congregation called to action
- Helps generate a healthy pride within the congregation, and stirs enthusiasm among the members to seek more opportunities for ministry
- Offers people a comfortable way to share God’s love
- Answers gods call to serve the poor
- Touches the lives of people around you that otherwise might not be encountered
- Forms strong relationships with other groups of faith and within your own congregation
- Fosters a deeper commitment to spiritual life
- Strengthens prayer and the trust that god will provide the materials, the funds, the good weather, and everything else that one may worry about.
Faith Relations at GSHFH is committed to:
- Helping to break the cycle of poverty
- Helping low-income families become homeowners
- Transforming neighborhoods through home ownership
- Demonstrating the love and teachings of Jesus Christ
Volunteer Opportunities with Faith Relations include:
- House sponsorship
- Providing amenities (snacks and lunch)
- Outreach committee
- Building homes!
Putting faith into action is different than thoughts and words. Putting faith into action changes church from a place you go to a thing you do. It is a mindset for all days of the week and is a tangible expression of your connection with God. Putting Faith into Action helps to eliminate poverty and creates sustainable impact in community development. If we are on our way to changing the world, let’s start at Church!
If you would like to put your faith into action and empower your local community, please contact: